Main Library meeting rooms will not be available during our renovation
which starts February 1, 2015.
Meeting rooms may be used by non-profit and for-profit organizations free of charge. Entrance fees/admissions charges and the marketing or selling of goods or services for profit is prohibited. Meeting rooms may not be reserved for a single individual. No private parties may be held.
- A library card is required for all meeting room reservations. The card holder must be at least 18 years of age to reserve a meeting room. An adult (18 years or older) must be present during any use of the library meeting rooms.
- The card holder submitting the application accepts the Library's terms and conditions for the use of the meeting room and takes responsibility to see that all conditions of use are followed. The acceptance of Library terms and conditions (electronically or in person) assigns responsibility for loss or damages to the room and its contents to the card holder submitting the application.
- Organizations can schedule meetings up to four months in advance. Due to high demand, organizations may be limited to one reservation per month, with a maximum of five reservations per month, per location.
- Meetings in select branch locations can be scheduled to end after the library closes. Effective for meetings scheduled on or after January 2, 2014:
- The Library will provide security coverage for all after-hours meetings. Organizations will be charged $25.00 per hour for meetings scheduled after the Library closes to cover the cost of security. (Charges can be made in increments of no less than 30 minutes, at a rate of $12.50 per half hour.)
- After-hours meetings must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- Payment must be received no later than two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Fees will be refunded for after-hours meetings cancelled up to two weeks before the scheduled meeting. Fees are non-refundable for meetings cancelled with less than two weeks' notice.
- Payment can be made:
- In person: at any library location, by cash, check, or credit card.
- By phone: at 614-645-2275, using a credit card.
- By mail: to 96 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, OH 43215, Attn: Information Line
- After-hours meetings must be scheduled to begin at least 30 minutes before the Library closes. There will be no charge for meeting time that occurs prior to closing.
- No after-hours meetings may be scheduled at Main Library.
- No public meetings will be scheduled to begin before the Library opens.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or change any meeting if circumstances at the Library so demand. If the Library must close due to emergency situations or inclement weather, all meetings scheduled during the closure will be cancelled.
- Notices posted in the library or submitted to the media announcing the meeting must first be approved by the Manager or his/her designee.
- There are kitchens in designated meeting rooms; however, no supplies will be provided. Red punch or red-colored beverages may not be served or consumed in meeting rooms.
- Available equipment is listed in the online room descriptions, and can be requested at the time of application. The condition of the equipment cannot be guaranteed. Library staff is not available to run or maintain this equipment during the meeting. The Library reserves the right to cancel the use of equipment if needed for a library-sponsored event.
- Groups may not use the library staff telephones.
- Tables and chairs are available. Set-up and take-down of the chairs and tables is the responsibility of the group. Clean-up of the room is required. Failure to comply may result in the assessment of a cleaning fee or loss of privileges.
- Violation of terms and conditions or the library Code of Conduct or the failure to appear for a scheduled meeting may result in the cancellation of an organization's existing reservations and the rejection of future applications.
- The Library reserves the right to stop meetings that are disruptive to normal library operations.
- The Library reserves the right to have staff attend meetings and other events in library meeting room facilities.